Skimlinks Test High on Luxe: Challenge day 6: Wear the item you’ve been “saving" http://t.co/W9aUv7gmgo

25 February 2014

Challenge day 6: Wear the item you’ve been “saving"

I had the perfect item to wear for this challenge, I purchased this in the sale and have been hoping for a “kid free” opportunity to wear it. Kid free, because it is silk and cream…need I say more but three year olds and sticky fingers are not great when wearing said item. So with Charlie over his Chicken Pox and back at nursery and my other two boys back at school, a nice shopping day with my mum was on the cards and so was wearing my precious new cream Equipment shirt.
After a lovely morning of coffee’s and shopping , we went to lunch and while I was rabbiting on a little piece of smoked salmon slid off my knife and slap bang onto the middle of my shirt...AGHHHHH!!
So even kid free, I managed to get some grease onto it. Note to self :”Use your napkin”!

I wore it with black ripped jeans (AGAIN, sorry but I love them) and my slip-ons ( AGAIN, sorry but I love these too) and my black structured Jacket ( AGAIN , sorry but its a wardrobe staple)

So there you have it a long awaited outing of a cream blouse, ruined within a couple of hours. I knew there was a reason for me owning a lot of black. #clumsy.

Hope you like it anyway in it’s pre-salmon incident state.

What have you got hidden away , just waiting for that special moment?
If you are anything like me  (and I know you are) there will be plenty of things in your wardrobe just waiting to come out at appropriate times… and “No, I’ve had this ages” and “I got it ages ago in the sale” will probably be spilling from your lips when your husband/boyfriend asks…."IS THAT NEW”!!

 Tommorows challenge is “Focus on your Jewelry”


Take care


Amanda x









Jeans: SIMILAR HERE


Jacket: SIMILAR HERE


Shirt: SIMILAR HERE


Bag: Chloe


Rings: Topshop


Bracelets: Hermes




8 comments:

  1. I love your shirt paired with the classy blazer and your slip-ons! Very effortless-chic style.

    Annette | Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Annette. It is my “comfort zone” colourway for sure x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit - and I love this challenge. A little later to the game, I have just written a post about it tonight! This outfit also works for the 'sleek and slouchy' challenge in a few weeks time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. I am really enjoying the challenge, it gets you away from your comfort zone! :)

      Delete
  4. Hello, just found your blog, and love the way you dress and get your looks together ......three little ones an all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased you like my blog, its really nice to hear. Hope you continue to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit, so sleek and cool x shame about the Salmon incident I always do things like that to clothes I adore!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, think its my favoutite outfit so far. Luckily the salmon stain has been zapped, so all good :)

      Delete